Jeremiah 29:11

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future.

The Family

The Family

Monday, August 2, 2010

Sammy Wammy

Hello! This is Rebekah (The eldest daughter, and I wanted to write the blog so here I go!) The journey started in Dallas. We got through security and had no problems which is a shocker because my family is always tagged as terrorists and we always get searched. We got settled and we met an Ethiopian family! Sweetest family ever and we hit it off immediately. From Dallas we went to DC and had a 4 hour lay over. 18 hours later, we arrived in Addis about 7:30 last night. The plane ride was absolutely horrendous, let's just be honest. We went through immigration and customs, got our 8 bags of luggage, and had to x-ray our bags. Who x-rays luggage coming into the country?? It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, but that's Africa for ya. After we got to our guest house, I crashed immediately and slept throught the night quite peacefully. My family on the other hand woke up around 4 am with the sound of dogs fighting. In the morning, we ate a great breakfast and then went to the orphanage!! We were super excited to finally see Sam. Unfortunately, we only got to see him an hour. So it was a bittersweet visit. We get to see him two more times, each time being only an hour. We go to court Wednesday! On a side note, I have found that there is such a sense of family here. Everybody takes care of everyone. They truly value what is important and that is something that I wish our country had. We are doing great, but please keep us and Sam in you prayers.
- Rebekah Bentley :)

2 comments:

  1. Glad everything is going so well! I with they'd let you be with Sam for more than an hour! Better than nothing, I guess! Praying for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that ya'll made it safely! No plane ride that lasts that long...is ever good!
    I am so excited that you got to see Sam. I can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete